October half term at Polmanter
11th October 2023
October half term is just around the corner! To ensure it’s filled with unforgettable memories, why not take some time ahead of your trip to think about what you’d like to do.
With that in mind, here are some ideas to help you kick off planning your Cornish getaway, starting with What’s On right here at Polmanter….
What’s On at Polmanter
Eating at The Stable Bar and Restaurant
Opening times for The Stable Bar during half term are;
- Friday 20th | Dinner: 5pm – 9pm, Takeaway: 5pm-9pm
- Saturday 21st | |Dinner: 5pm – 8:30pm, Takeaway: 5pm-8:30pm
- Sunday 22nd | Lunch: 12pm-3pm, Dinner: 5pm-8pm (Roast menu served at lunch and dinner*)
- Monday 23rd | Dinner: 5pm – 8:30pm, Takeaway: 5pm-8:30pm
- Tuesday 24th | Dinner: 5pm – 8:30pm, Takeaway: 5pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday 25th | Dinner: 5pm – 8:30pm, Takeaway: 5pm-8:30pm
*We are taking bookings for Sunday roast at lunch and dinner, but for all other days, you don’t need to book. We’ve returned to our previous walk in policy, so just find yourself a table in the bar or conservatory, make a note of your table number and order at the bar.
Entertainment at The Stable Bar
We’re pleased to offer entertainment evenings this October half term.
Edward Hain Charity Bingo Night – Friday 20th October
- Join us for an evening of Bingo to raise money for the Edward Hain charity.
Join us for our last Sunday Roast of the season – Sunday 22nd October
- Lunch | 12pm-3pm, Dinner | 5pm-8pm
- Bookings advised. Please see Reception
Halloween Kid’s Party – Monday 23rd October, 3pm-5pm
- On Monday 23rd, we will have Vicky from Just 4 Kids holding a Halloween Kid’s Party
- Held in the conservatory in The Stable Bar
- The party is FREE! Suitable for ages 3-10
We’re embracing Halloween and encourage you to do the same! We’ve got some spooktacular activities for you to get involved with, for the chance to pick up a prize or goody bag somewhere along the way.
Pumpkin picking and decorating
- Splattenridden Farm Shop (TR27 6HL), on the way to Polmanter, is offering the chance to pick your own pumpkins.
- Trevaskis Farm in Connor Downs, Hayle, offer pumpkin picking on a daily basis, and have a restaurant and amazing Farm shop packed with local produce
- We’re also close to Co-op (St Ives), Tesco (Carbis Bay) and Asda (Hayle) for a quick supermarket dash
- Or bring your own from home!
- Carve or decorate your pumpkins and display them on your pitch
- If you’d like your pumpkin to be judged for the chance to win a prize, take a picture of your pumpkin, and share it on our Facebook page or Instagram, tag us and use the hashtag #polmanterpumpkins
- We’ll share the winning pumpkins on our Facebook page on Halloween, and contact our winner directly to arrange collection / delivery of their prize
- Keep an eye out across the site for our own pumpkins too, carved and decorated by the Polmanter team!
- We’ll provide a Halloween Puzzle for each child at check-in
- Follow the clues across the site, and unjumble the letters to create a spooky word!
- Once you’ve found and finished them all, make your way to Reception to swap your completed sheet for a free Halloween Treat!
Ghostly drawing competition
- Draw, colour, paint… we want to see your best ghostly creations
- Collect a sheet of paper from Reception with the outline of a pumpkin
- Once your masterpiece is complete, display it in the conservatory of The Stable Bar for judging to take place on Tuesday 24th Oct before the Quiz starts. A gruesome prize will be up for grabs for our favourite ones!
What’s On in St Ives and nearby
For the arty adults of the family.
- Watercolour St Ives is suitable for all ages, from complete beginners and above, on Tuesdays from 10.30am-12.30pm, £20pp
- Draw St Ives, an outdoor drawing experience on Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:30am-12pm, £10pp
- All classes are subject to numbers and therefore require advance bookings
- Visit their website to learn more about the workshops and events Barnoon offer.
A live escape room game experience.
- Choose from one of two escape rooms to enter: Prison X or The Lost Treasure of Pirate Kernow
- 60 minutes on the clock to find the clues and solve the puzzles
- Open 7 days a week , from 10am – 9.30pm. Advance bookings required
- Visit their website to find out more about the rooms and how to book
Halloween at Paradise Park
There’s plenty going on at Paradise Park in Hayle this half-term.
- Special appearances by Mark’s Ark with creepy crawly wildlife encounters
- Discover the extraordinary Dracula parrot
- Daily Humboldt’s penguin feeding times
- Halloween themed twinkly lights in the Jungle Express Train
- Visit their website for more information and booking
Rogue Theatre’s Halloween ‘Dead of Night Dance’
Snap up the last few tickets for the fantastic Rogue Theatre’s immersive theatre adventure, celebrating Halloween in the heart of Tehidy Woods.
Halloween Trick or Treat Week
Helston’s theme park Flambards has a whole load of family fun on offer this half term, including its iconic firework display.
HallowEden trails and ice skating
The team at the Eden project are offering a magical Halloweden adventure full of tricks and treats.
Some of our previous blogs might be helpful for ideas on things to do, places to see and where to eat:
We hope this whets your appetite and gives you a taster of what you can get up to during your October half-term holiday.