October half term at Polmanter
19th October 2021
October half term is just over a week away! To ensure it’s filled with unforgettable memories, why not take some time ahead of your trip to think about what you’d like to do.
Our favourite local businesses are open as usual, but some are still opting for advance bookings. Restaurants and pubs in St Ives are as busy as ever, so to secure a spot at your top choices we would advise planning ahead. The same goes for visitor attractions.
With that in mind, here are some ideas to help you kick off planning your Cornish getaway, starting with What’s On right here at Polmanter….
What’s On at Polmanter
Eating at The Stable Bar and Restaurant
Opening times for The Stable Bar during half term are;
- Thursday 21st – Sunday 24th, from 4pm | Dinner: 5pm – 9pm, Takeaway: 5pm-7pm
- Monday 25th – closed
- Tuesday 26th – Friday 29th | Dinner: 5pm – 9pm, Takeaway: 5pm-7pm
We are taking table reservations and would advise booking ahead to avoid disappointment, especially for our entertainment evenings.
Once seated, you can order on The Stable Bar at Polmanter app, or at the bar. Last orders for drinks is at 9.15pm to close at 9.30pm.
Entertainment at The Stable Bar
We’re pleased to bring back entertainment this October half term.
- Saturday 23rd October, from 8.30pm
- Our talented groundsman Gareth puts his tools down for the day and picks up his guitar to bring us an acoustic set of 80s, 90s and 2000s hits.
- Tuesday 26th October, from 8.30pm
- Local quiz queen Liz will put your general knowledge to the test!
Kid’s Halloween Party
- Wednesday 27th October, from 3.30pm-5pm
- Keep your children entertained with Halloween themed activities at your table, including crafts, puzzles and kids’ BINGO followed by a two course children’s meal
- £10 ticket per child. Please find more details below.
We’re embracing Halloween and encourage you to do the same! We’ve got lots of bits and bobs going on across the site, giving you plenty of chances to pick up a prize or goody bag somewhere along the way.
Pumpkin picking and decorating
- Splattenridden Farm Shop (TR27 6HL), on the way to Polmanter, is offering the chance to pick your own pumpkins on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th October
- Trevaskis Farm in Connor Downs, Hayle, offer pumpkin picking on a daily basis, and have a restaurant and amazing Farm shop packed with local produce
- We’re also close to Co-op (St Ives), Tesco (Carbis Bay) and Asda (Hayle) for a quick supermarket dash
- Or bring your own from home!
- Carve or decorate your pumpkins and display them on your pitch
- If you’d like your pumpkin to be judged for the chance to win a prize, take a picture of your pumpkin, and share it on our Facebook page or Instagram, tag us and use the hashtag #polmanterpumpkins
- Or bring it to the Halloween Party at The Stable Bar on Wednesday 27th October
- We’ll share the winning pumpkins on our Facebook page on Halloween, and contact our 3 winners directly to arrange collection / delivery of their prize
- Keep an eye out across the site for our own pumpkins too, carved and decorated by the Polmanter team!
- We’ll provide a Halloween Hunt map for each child at check-in
- Follow the clues across the site, and unscramble the letters you find, to reveal a fang-tastic Halloween character
- Once you’ve discovered the word, make your way to Reception to swap your completed sheet for a free Halloween Treat!
Pumpkin drawing competition
- Draw, colour, paint… we want to see your best pumpkin faces
- Collect a sheet of paper from Reception with the outline of a pumpkin
- Once your masterpiece is complete, display it in the conservatory of The Stable Bar for judging to take place on Wednesday 27th October at the Halloween Party. A gruesome prize will be up for grabs for the best one!
Kid’s Halloween Party
- Come and join us for a wickedly good time at The Stable Bar on Wednesday 27th October from 3.30-5pm
- Book a table for your family, £10 per child (suitable for children up to the age of 12)
- Ticket includes fang-tastic Halloween themed activities at your table, including crafts, puzzles and kids’ BINGO
- 2 course children’s meal served from 5pm
- Fancy dress encouraged!
- Advance booking and payment required. Please contact Reception email@example.com | 01736 795640
What’s On in St Ives and nearby
For the arty adults of the family.
- Draw St Ives, an outdoor drawing experience on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from 10.30am-12pm
- Watercolour St Ives is suitable for all ages, from complete beginners and above, on Monday and Friday from 10.30am-12.15pm
- All classes are subject to numbers and therefore require advance bookings
- Visit their website to learn more about the workshops and events Barnoon offer.
A live escape room game experience.
- Choose from one of two escape rooms to enter: Prison X or The Lost Treasure of Pirate Kernow
- 60 minutes on the clock to find the clues and solve the puzzles
- Open 7 days a week , from 10am – 9.30pm. Advance bookings required
- Visit their website to find out more about the rooms and how to book
Halloween at Paradise Park
There’s plenty going on at Paradise Park in Hayle this half-term.
- Special appearances by Mark’s Ark with creepy crawly wildlife encounters
- Eerie fascinating facts on the pumpkin trail
- Otter and penguin feeding
- Free flying birds (weather permitting)
- JungleBarn play centre open for the little ones to burn off their energy
- Visit their website for more information and booking
Rogue Theatre’s Halloween ‘Dead of Night Dance’
Snap up the last few tickets for the fantastic Rogue Theatre’s immersive theatre adventure, celebrating Halloween in the heart of Tehidy Woods.
Halloween Tricks and Treats Firework Spectacular
Helston’s theme park Flambards has a whole load of family fun on offer this half term, including its iconic firework display.
- Monster magic shows and spooky pumpkin trails through the Victorian Village
- A fun mix of rides and attractions
- Firework spectacular takes place on Wednesday 27th October, with the display taking place from 7.30pm, and live entertainment.
HallowEden trails and ice skating
The team at the Eden project are offering a magical Halloweden adventure full of tricks and treats.
- Watch the award-winning Bakehouse Factory’s magical show
- Meet some bewitching birds of the night from the Screech Owl Sanctuary
- Book your spot on the Potion Making Workshops
- Enjoy a spine-chilling spin on their spooky ice-rink
Some of our previous blogs might be helpful for ideas on things to do, places to see and where to eat:
- Cornish attractions close to Polmanter
- Cornish attractions a bit further afield
- A rainy day in Cornwall: family fun in wet weather
- Eating Out in St Ives
We hope this whets your appetite and gives you a taster of what you can get up to during your October half-term holiday.